Female Breast Reduction
The commonest procedure we perform and has the highest percentage of patients left feeling satisfied after the procedure. The commonest procedure used to perform breast enlargement is by using silicone implants to increase the volume of the breast.
For you if -
1. You have large pendulous breasts and would like aesthetic improvement
2. You have shoulder or neck pain, your bras don’t fit, your bra straps dig into your shoulders or the skin under the breasts is irritated.
Not for You if -
1. The sag is too much
2. You have big breasts which sag
The procedure is done under general anaesthesia. You go home the same day. You can do all the routine activities from the next day but you might need to stay at home for 3-4 days. We remove sutures after 2 weeks.
- Do not expect idealized breasts as depicted in works of art and air-brushed brochures.
- The projection and the fullness in the cleavage improve but not too much.
- Initially, the shape of the breasts might look odd but it settles into a more natural shape after a couple of months.
1. The incision forms the circular junction of the areolar skin with the breast and runs straight down from the areola to the crease under the breast where it can spread in the crease.
2. There can be some deviation from the ideal shape that generally comes to mind.
3. There can be some minor asymmetry between the two breasts
4. There is usually some decreased sensation over some part of the breast
1. There is a very small chance of the nipple or part of the nipple losing blood supply in which case additional surgery might be needed to correct the problem.
2. The surgery incisions take a longer time to heal than otherwise and rarely can open up which would require time to heal.
3. Seroma is a collection of fluid which can prevent the wounds from healing for a longer time, or form a swelling which requires to be sucked out with a needle.
We use an innovative technique whereby the nipple position is anchored so that; the result is maintained in the long term which is not the case in most classical techniques.
Liposuction is a stupid thing to do for breast reduction. Do not believe any pictures. It won’t work.