a pregnancy makes a woman complete, but let’s face it, it does take a lot away from your figure and shape. the changes usually seen are breast sag and loss of firmness in the feel of the breast, the tummy becomes bigger and hangs down, a pooch forms under the navel, the chances are strong that some weight is gained and forms bulges on the hips and thighs (love handles and saddle bags), the vagina becomes lax and the vulval tissues and vaginal lips sag and lose their tenseness. a mommy makeover involves correcting these changes depending on your needs using breast enhancement techniques, tummy tuck procedures, liposuction, and genital enhancement procedures as described elsewhere, so that you face the world as a confident mother should.
for you if -
there are specific changes that you desire in the shape and structure of your nose; that you can put a finger on and specify blah blah
not for you if -
1. you want your nose or face to look better but cannot really identify the change that you wish. this includes wanting your nose to look like some other person’s
2. you are in an emotionally disturbed state.
we prefer to do it under general anesthesia. you can go home the same day. the cuts are made inside the nostril except sometimes, a cut might be made on the pillar between the two nostrils called the columella.
there is not much pain. usually, some packing is inserted in the nostrils, which you can pull out after 24 hours. after the surgery your nose will drip for 3-4 days; you can fix a small pad to soak this. there is a stuffy feeling just like a cold and your eyes could water for about 5 days. there can be swelling of the nose, cheeks and the eyes which can persist for 5-7 days. some patients can have to bruise with purple discoloration under the eyes which could take 7-10 days to go. you might have a small splint or paper tapes on the nose which are usually removed after 5 days. the final result is to be seen after 3 months as some subtle changes keep taking place.
either you will be happy with the result or you might not be happy with the result. if you are not happy with the result, it could be because of either of the following reasons
1. desired changes not achieved- this is very rare
2. besides desired changes, other unwanted changes could happen; asymmetry between the two sides, the desired change is overdone, undesired change in the position of the tip or the structure of the bridge, all could be examples of this
3. this is the most common:- desired changes generally achieved, no untoward changes but still unhappy
1. if an implant has been inserted, there is a small chance of infection or extrusion.
2. any distortion in the shape.
there is frequently an inability on the part of the patient to get across accurately to the cosmetic surgeon, the change that he or she desires in the shape of the nose. to make this easier, let us try to point out how the cosmetic surgeon names the various parts of the nose, what are the things the cosmetic surgeon can do to these different parts and what are the terms the cosmetic surgeon uses to describe these actions.